Wit, wisdom, pseudonietzscheanistic aphorisms, and bad jokes.
* If you were to rewrite My Fair Lady so that Professor Higgins was (say) Condoleeza Rice and Eliza Doolittle was (say) named Rufus Willis.... but of course they'd never let you.
* Quote of the Day: "I made two mistakes in my time as President, and one of them is sitting on the Supreme Court." --President Dwight Eisenhower describing his misgivings about nominating Earl Warren, presumed to be a staunch conservative, to the Supreme Court, where Warren quickly showed he was very much aligned with the liberals Earl Warren was the man who sent the Japanese to American concentration camps.... and spent the rest of his life repenting it. At other people's expense. (Sometimes, as in Brown v. Board of Education, he actually got it right, though.)
* Every dollar not taxed is a personal abomination to a leftist.
* I keep getting flack from evolutionists because I’m a "creationist." (Yes, I’m looking at you, Charles Johnson of LGF.) Others flack me because I’m not a YOUNG EARTH creationist. Bah. I’m not interested in impressing the faithless. Me, I rely on the church that Christ personally founded. For all its faults, well, Catholicism is the worst church in the world except for all the alternatives.
* I keep hearing "Amnesty is unfair to people waiting in line!" So what? People get all upset about "illegal aliens voting." Yet they're eager to give a "vote" TO PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T EVEN COME HERE YET. If we decide to give a break to people already here as a matter of public good and public security, those waiting patiently in line get absolutely no say whatsoever. Hiding behind 'people waiting in line' is lower than sphagnum moss.
* I hear sneers at the word "amnesty" for illegals. Well the illegals are here because we murdered 55 million people, half of whom would be working adults now. The parents of the aborted *got* their amnesty!
* From Wikipedia: "During this spring frenzy, hares can be seen "boxing"; one hare striking another with its paws (probably the origin of the term "mad as a March hare"). For a long time, this had been thought to be intermale competition, but closer observation has revealed it is usually a female hitting a male to prevent copulation." Yeah, I know what that’s like.
* I'm a very bad Catholic–but I am not worried about the eternal effect of my missing Mass. Christ knows--literally--He has so much to pick from if He's looking for a reason to send me to the down escalator.
* I do poor people law. It sucks, but someone has to do it.
* I despise the concept of the "private prison." Imprisonment is a function that MUST NOT be commercialized. There were two judges in Philly who owned 50% in the very private prison they were sending juveniles to. They each got 20+ years (one 28 years). Oh, they were white, and 100% of the kids they sent were not.
* The bedrock of the anti abortion movement is the fundamental belief that men are responsible for their flies. I am not talking about Victorian notions. I'm talking about objective morality binding on all humans since the beginning of time. If you don't want to pay for a child, don't screw Mom. Men don't have to f---. If you do, it's called "assumption of the risk." If you don't want to face this choice, to paraphrase Monopoly: do not pass COME, do not expend $200,000.
* Lefties love conservatives who turn coat. Yeh, the Ron Reagan syndrome.
* GMO producers should be punished as terrorists, Russian MPs say (rt.com) He meant Kulaks of course. In the Russian tradition of how they treat productive corn growers.
* It sez here: I got Centaur! Which Mythical Creature Are You? (www.buzzfeed.) Humphrey Boggart.