Tuesday, October 28, 2014
Wit, wisdom, pseudonietzscheanistic aphorisms, and bad jokes.
* "Myers-Briggs is like astrology except you get to pick your own sign." - Phil Rose
* This article discusses The Osteen Predicament — Mere Happiness Cannot Bear the Weight of the Gospel (albertmohler.com) Two words: Dietrich Bonhoeffer. "When Christ calls a man He calls him come and die." Anyone who thinks that happiness is for this world has completely missed the point of the Gospel. This is why I cannot abide Joel Osteen. He's great for greedy yuppies. Those who suffer? Notsomuch.
* Sign the petition: Tell The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service to Protect the Threatened Monarch Butterfly (petitions.moveon.org) First the human fetus. Get back to me when that happens.
* It sez here: The Coded Message Obama Delivers When He Says ISIL Instead Of ISIS (nowtheendbegins.com) He doesn't like using ISIS because Isis is a pagan goddess and he doesn't want to offend our new insect overlords.
* Good luck, Mr. Gorsky.
* It sez here: Guantanamo Remains a Dilemma for Obama and the Media (trevorloudon.com) He needs the space for Republicans the next two years.
* Fed: US consumers have decided to 'hoard money' (CNBC via fw.to) "Hoard money"? HOARD MONEY???? That is commie speak for "savings." Just as "speculation" is commie speak for "owning a retail store with goods in it."
* I hear that Captain & Tennille got a divorce. NO! Next you'll tell me that Kenneth Branaugh and Emma Thompson are getting divorced. No, wait....
* True story: When I was a gradual student I had to read a ten page undergrad paper in which Nietzsche's name was never spelled correctly.... or spelled the same way twice. It wasn't until about page 4 that I realize the paper writer hated ol' Friedrich and did it deliberately. He got an 'A'.
* I've been paying for my own plan for 12 years. Your Obama took it away, jacked up the price 60%, and cut my medications. My plan got canceled because it didn't pay for my hysterectomy or abortions.
* So you're not insured? Great plan. I unfortunately have three autistic kids to insure, and Obama's lies may cost me the ability to protect my family's health.
* BTW, dear reader, can you send me $600? Every single month? You'd be doing it anyway under Obamacare.
* Bush saved the auto companies. All Obama did was take credit -- AGAIN -- for something someone else did.
* "Stay out of my bedroom. Pay for my abortion. Get one for yourself. Retroactively, if you're a Republican." How is her body not my business when paying for what it does IS?
* Obama has demonstrated he couldn't organize the bailout of a two car funeral.
* Noah the Movie: AKA Master and Commander: The Top Side of the World :) (I hear the ending is a real Surprise!) OTOH, that ark was very green. They got thousands of miles to the galleon.
* Blog: 'Imagine: Living in a Socialist America' (americanthinker.com) The good socialists do is immeasurably small compared to the harm they cause. And the omelette they make from broken eggheads? They eat them, we do not.
* After the revolution things will be.... totalitarian.
* The new intolerance: will we regret pushing Christians out of public life?(newstatesman.com) I'm entirely concerned with the whacks we’ll get. It won't be pretty. I will say this: anyone who thinks that Christians should be driven out of public life belongs in a concentration camp--wearing a guard's uniform.
* "I can't eat this! It's full of ingredients!" - Linus Van Pelt, 1966
* Hell, I'm awesome in bed. I can sleep all day.
Posted by (c)2014 Richard L. Kent, Esq. (MichiganSilverback at gmail dot com) at 12:01 AM