Tuesday, October 14, 2014
Wit, wisdom, pseudonietzscheanistic aphorisms, and bad jokes.
* It sez here: "They were children when Social Security overpaid their parents. Now the Treasury is targeting taxpayers for their parents’ decades-old debts" washingtonpost.com)
In law we call that LACHES (pron. "LAY-chez") Wikipedia: "Law French: "remissness", "slackness", from Old French laschesse): an "unreasonable delay pursuing a right or claim...in a way that prejudices the [opposing] party" When asserted in litigation, it is an equitable defense, that is, a defense to a claim for an equitable remedy.
Translation into English: You snooze, you loose. This debt collection law is bullshit.
* There are times I think that the churches SHOULD pay taxes. And be free do say WHATEVER THE HELL THEY WANT AND SUPPORT WHOEVER THE HELL THEY WANT in elections!
* I took renal calculus once. I passed it.
* People have no right to make mistakes. People other than me that is.
* I've come to the conclusion that arguing against gay marriage and marijuana usage isn't going to change any minds at this point. So the only thing to do is keep doing it anyway, so that when the inevitable disasters follow these stupid policies being put into place, I can look people in the eye and say the sweetest words in the English language: "I TOLJA SO!"
* Term limits are exercised every other November. As for the kind most advocate, two words: WINSTON CHURCHILL.....
* MSNBC is why God invented the Off switch. Or if that fails the remote. Or....
"You can turn it off!" Winston exclaimed.
"Yes," O'Brien replied. "We have that privilege."
* You say I'm a cissexual heteronormative like it's a *bad* thing....
* I'm not interested in attacking Islam. However I DO object to Islam attacking ME.
* Of course I also feel that way about socialists and socialism, which is much more likely to occur.
* Cop to Heisenberg: "Do you have any idea how fast you were going?" Heisenberg to Cop: "Don't tell me or I’ll get lost!" (Alternative punch line: "No, but I know where I am!") (Schroedinger’s Cat gets to choose.)
* My greater concern is how every election cycle some lawmaker has to show that he's "tough on crime" and passes some obscene law, then slaps the name of a dead child on it so that he can get reelected. "Heidi's Law." "Heather's Law." "Joey's Law." All designating new intrusions into the life of the people and justified because of some child's horrible death.
* The vast majority of leftists don't object to obscene profits. They object that the obscene profits are not exclusively theirs for not doing anything.
* Atheists come in two flavors: those who still believe in Good (even if they can't rationally believe in God), and those who understand that the absence of God allows them to be monsters as no Judgment awaits. The former are generally pretty good people (albeit jerky sometimes); the latter are very dangerous.
* Once again a corrupt politician and the story utterly fails to identify the guy’s political party. Ergo: gotta be a Democrat.
* If he were a pubbie it would read, well, like this: "Charlotte's Republican Mayor Patrick Cannon was arrested today by FBI agents for alleged violations of federal public corruption laws in connection with his Republican party campaign. The federal criminal complaint filed in U.S. District Court, charged Republican Cannon, a member of the GOP, with theft and bribery concerning programs receiving federal funds, honest services wire fraud and extortion under color of official right from his activities with the conservative political movement."
More Thursday. Or Friday, maybe.
Posted by (c)2014 Richard L. Kent, Esq. (MichiganSilverback at gmail dot com) at 12:00 AM