Tuesday, September 23, 2014
Wit, wisdom, pseudonietzscheanistic aphorisms, and bad jokes.
* It sez here: What if atheists treated Christians the way Christians treat atheists? (deadstate.org) No comparison. Historically atheists arrest us, torture us, and put us in concentration camps where they occasionally shoot us. (That only happens when atheists get enough power to do what they want. Hasn't happened here.... yet.)
I keep hearing about how bad Christians treat atheists, so a lot of loudmouths who call themselves atheists use it to justify their behavior toward us. Which Christians historically have been ill-behaved, today there's a difference: the witch hunts were a long damn time ago. I personally know victims of atheist run "reeducation" camps. Some taught me Russian. (Given the number of priests and nuns killed by "scientific atheists" these last 100 years, you think they'd call it even about Galileo.)
* It sez here: Los Angeles Vaccination Crisis - The Hollywood Reporter (www.hollywoodreporter.com) If vaccines don’t cause autism–well, then, please, please tell me, what the hell therefore DOES cause it? I have three autistic kids AND we vaxxed them all. And I regret the shit out of it. But don’t worry. Your kids are now safe from mine. Sorta.
* Obama is best described as a post turtle. What’s a post turtle? A turtle that someone puts on the top of a fence post. He’s a lot higher than he ought to be, he’s helpless, he couldn't have got there on his own, he's wondering what he's doing there, and he sure as hell don't belong there! (And the best thing that can happen to him is if someone else takes him down and returns him to his former habitat.)
* The closest to real any prince has ever gotten in a children's story is Prince Humperdink in The Princess Bride.
* Some people believe that the earth is 6000 years old. Others believe that the unborn are blobs of cells that can be killed at whim. The former generally don't agree with the latter. I'm very okay with that. The latter are much more numerous than the former. I am NOT okay with that at all.
* I got Social Work. What is your hidden talent? (bitecharge.com) I can't tell you. It's secret.
* It sez here: Democrats flummoxed by Republicans taking their anti-free-speech bill seriously (humanevents.com). Democrats. They daub themselves in excrement and blame the GOP for not hosing them off. (((smh)))
* Don't worry if you hear that Imperial Storm Troopers have entered the base. They can't hit squat.
* Given the competition offered these last 100 years by Marxism and its mutant offspring, give me consumerist capitalism 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.
* FGM is NOT an Islamic practice as such. I know Muslim women... from Lebanon, Iran, Egypt.... who view the practice with as much horror as we do..... they view it as a backward, barbaric, country-bumpkin practice..... it’s a cultural practice that was in place long before Islam showed up and will probably continue long after it disappears.
* I remember, when I served in the military, that officers were often buried in pointless paperwork. Do not underestimate the value of that in preserving freedom. Gobs of useless paperwork keeping officers endlessly busy or who are forever paranoid about preparing for the next inspection never have time to sit around the officer's club drinking juleps and opining how they can run the country better than the politicos they serve..... (Many countries do not burden their officers with this requirement, thus leaving them the free time to plan coups.)
* Sometimes when life gives us lemons, it doesn't give us water, sugar or a pitcher to make lemonade with. We look to the sky and ask "Why me, Lord?" and His only answer is "Because I think you're up for it."
Posted by (c)2014 Richard L. Kent, Esq. (MichiganSilverback at gmail dot com) at 8:16 AM