Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Wit, wisdom, pseudonietzscheanistic aphorisms, and bad jokes.
* It sez here that Yemenis are studying tanker piloting in order to become suicide bombers. (Inside the Ring: Terrorist tanker training? washingtontimes.com).
Yes, investigate. But remember: if they're JUST Yemenis training to be tanker sailors and nothing more, leave them the hell alone.
* When it comes to fighting terrorism, Israel gets it. (But then when it comes to terrorism, Israel usually gets it.)
* It sez here: Which Ancient Warrior Are You? (playbuzz.com) I'd be David, son of Jesse, but my slingshot skills really suck.
* Republicans are held to a higher standard of sexual behavior than Democrats, but then, loose women don't generally chase Republicans who aren't Newt anyway.
* It sez here: "22 Beautiful Stairs That Will Make Climbing To The Second Floor Less Annoying" (boredpanda.com) Pretty but deadly, all of them, esp. the middle one. We have pretty stairs at my law office. I hate them. They've almost killed me a dozen times these last 10 years.
* It sez here that a Dem Candidate Rips Gov. Martinez: 'Does Not Have a Latino Heart' (breitbart.com). Zo ein Aryan mashterracer says zat "She is not of the VOLK! She ist ein Untermensch!". Great. That ought to bring out the race bigots to vote for your candidate!
* EPIC MISTAKE! Justice Dept. staffer accidently calls wrong office - Issa's - asks them to leak document to the media (bizpacreview.com) I'd like to think that there is SOMEONE in the Obama White House who is patriotic enough to willingly reveal the truth...
.....then I thought....
* No to Cruz. Smart man, but. Too young. Too many amateurs in the WH already. No more. Grow up, son.
* Ted Cruz Booed for Supporting Israel, Walks Out (CBSnews.com) Why? The ancient insanity. "You against me. You and me against our half brother. The three of us against our father. All of us against the uncles and cousins. All of US against the clan. Our clan against all the other clans. Everyone against the Muslims. And us and the Muslims against the Jews." Sad.
* It sez here: Which Bible verse describes you? (bitecharge.com): John 11:35. "Jesus wept."
* I got The Moon - What Tarot Card Are You? (quizsocial.com): The spare one with the company name printed on it.
* Making money out of rare metal exclusively or even primarily is economic madness. Read into the history of the 19th century when they had a depression not recession depression about every 10 years. This arose from the lack of money in circulation every time the ratio between gold and silver got out of whack one or the other would disappear from circulation and you'd have a depression. I'm an old time coin collector and I love gold and silver coins as collectibles. As money they are as primitive as crank starters for cars. How do you keep money in circulation? By having only one sort of money: on paper or bookkeeping.
* My dream is to have enough bookshelves for the books I own. And enough space for the shelves.
* "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." - John Rogers
*As for the present state of affairs, the skunk rots from the head down.
* The 3,000-year-old PLONK: Ancient Hebrew text unearthed in Jerusalem revealed to be a label for... (dailymail.co.uk) Translation: Mogen David 2020 BC[E]
* "First they ignore you. Then they mock you. Then they hate you, then they shoot you. Then you win." - Gandhi.
* I am ambiclumslious. I am equally a klutz with both hands.
* Any husband who thinks his wife 'doesn't work' because she's a 'housewife' probably sleeps on the couch. Or deserves to.
* Could This Be the Real Reason the New NYC Mayor Vowed to Ban Horse Carriages in NYC? (theblaze.com) When they say it's for the public good, it's NEVER for the public good.
* "Extraconstitutional change".... i.e., TREASON.
* House Kent. Symbol: The Porcupine (harmless and just wants to be left alone but God help you if you stick your nose in its business). Motto: "The Hell with Winter Already!" (Yes I have been overdosing on Game of Thrones.)
Posted by (c)2014 Richard L. Kent, Esq. (MichiganSilverback at gmail dot com) at 12:00 AM