Monday, August 4, 2014
Ladieth 'n' Joimth, Mithter Greg THANKIN!
(I MEAN SCHANKIN!)
* 146 DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!! Folks start getting ready now, no one wants to hear your Christmas Whining, that it came too soon or no one reminded you. It's on the same friggen day every year - GET WITH IT FOLKS........ .........Thank you!
* A restaurant in New York has created the Rice Burger, which replaces normal burger buns with rice patties. The restaurant also replaces customers with empty chairs.
* Supporters of former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez have released a new font in the style of his handwriting. Although I'm surprised he wrote anything by hand since he was so used to dictating.
* Comic-Con wrapped up over the past weekend in San Diego. If you don't know, Comic-Con is the world's largest gathering of people who know the difference between a modem and a router.
* According to Time magazine, the number of women attending Comic-Con has doubled in the last five years — it went from four to eight
* he New York Times published its first of a six-part series that calls for federal legalization of marijuana. You remember newspapers, those things we used to read before BuzzFeed asked us which sandwich we were.
* The Times editorial board argued, after weighing the pros and cons, that the scale tips in favor of legalizing marijuana nationwide. You know how long it's going to take people to finish The New York Times crossword puzzle NOW?
* Congratulations to baseball great Joe Torre, Yankees manager for years and years, inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown. Torre thanked former girlfriends Kate Hudson, Cameron Diaz, Madonna, and Betty White.
* According to the Centers for Disease Control, the largest single transmission of deadly germs is a handshake. We're lucky, because the most popular form of greeting here in Detroit is the middle finger.
* "Game of Thrones" announced that it is adding nine new characters for the next season. Aaaaaand they're already dead.
* Seventeen siblings from New Jersey just won $20 million in the lottery. When asked how they plan to spend the money, they said, "Remodeling the shoe we grew up in."
* The New York Times published an editorial calling on the federal government to legalize recreational marijuana. They don't really care about weed, it's just the only way they can keep selling papers.
* The Times said the government should legalize marijuana because the current laws against weed are useless and outdated. Then they said, "You know, like a newspaper."
* A Los Angeles judge has ruled in favor of Donald Sterling's wife and will allow her to sell the L.A. Clippers. That leaves Sterling in the awkward position of hating a white person.
* A company in India is releasing the first-ever "smart shoe" that connects with Google Maps to track your footsteps. "Merry Christmas," said your wife.
* A new poll shows that younger Americans sympathize less with Israel than older generations did. But then again, most young Americans think Israel is the cat on "The Smurfs."
Posted by (c)2014 Richard L. Kent, Esq. (MichiganSilverback at gmail dot com) at 12:21 AM