Thursday, August 21, 2014
Wit, wisdom, pseudonietzscheanistic aphorisms, and bad jokes.
* It sez here: "FBI Dumps Southern Poverty Law Center as Hate Crimes Resource" breitbart.com About effin' time. SPLC has been living in a time warp since 1965, having taken a jump to the left. A big jump.
* It sez here: Muslims Demanding Their Own Sharia Patrols in Michigan
wizbangblog.com. Wrongo. Even if true, one lunatic at a city council meeting does not make a movement.
* "Algorism", these days, is a little used term for using Arabic numerals to perform arithmetic, as opposed to Roman numerals. This is distinct from Al-Gore-ism, which is the irrational belief in global warming and in the belief that the Dems somehow carried Florida in 2000.
* I'm all for the Great Wall of Texas. Fine by me. Make it as tall as the one in Israel. Keep 'em out. But be prepared to deal with those still here (and not through ethnic cleansing).
* I am delighted that Chelsea Clinton is pregnant. Babies are always a blessing. Always. But. I simply find the idea that this child (whom the left would be urging a violent death on if it was in Sarah Palin's womb) is somehow "royalty" to be obscene. Particularly since of the child's four genetic grandparents, one is impeached, one is a Federal felon, and the other two deserve to be so found. Having drunk a considerable amount of the Water of Life, I hereby predict that the child shall be known as the Kwisatz Balderdash, He Who Can Say Many Mutually Contradictory Things At Once.
* The what? "War of Northern Aggression"? There's a really cool building probably not far from your home you may want to visit. It's called a "library." In that building there's something called a "history section". Knock yourself out.
* Large families are an objective good. If my parents hadn't had one we wouldn't be having this conversation....
* Our problem is not Big Bother but rather the people who, in their wisdom, continue to have elected him.
* You say: "I remember Nam." Fine. I do, too. And 250,000 who died in Viet concentration camps and 1,500,000 who died in the Killing Fields. Vietnam a "pointless catastrophe"? Your friends who said that they should have stayed home are certainly entitled to their opinion. But then, the battle of France was also a pointless catastrophe. We won that war, too, just as we won the Cold War (and our victory was a result of our pyrrhic defeat in Nam, just as our victories in West Europe were a result of our losses in France ’40). The fact is that we could not have won the Cold War without the bitter defeat of Nam. Had we not fought there, the Soviets simply would have started up somewhere else. (And the thought that we shouldn't have opposed the Soviets is just evil and should not be entertained by anyone with a lick of common sense.)
* Retired justice Stevens proposes changes to Constitution news.msn.com Senility sux, donnit?
* There is something about saying "no" to evil that brings out the evil in the evil.
* It sez here: Making a moon base: Why now is the time foxnews.com Not in this administration and not with the gibbering luddite stalinists running it in charge. Alas.
* My cardiologist wants me to eat at Travis Hamburgers more often. His kids need braces.
* You throw the Inquisition into my Catholic teeth? Fine. But whatever the Church’s sins, and they were massive in the middle ages, The Catholic Church kept meticulous records of their victims (part of the lawful mania). As such, we know exactly how many died at the hands of the Inquisition: about 3000. From 1520 to 1700. Or, um, about 16/year..... Pikers in comparison to the Communists... or even the Protestants. (Doubt me? Off to the history section for you!)
* "Is the Dark Side stronger?" "No. Quicker, easier, more seductive." George Lucas. Smart man.
Posted by (c)2014 Richard L. Kent, Esq. (MichiganSilverback at gmail dot com) at 12:13 AM