Thursday, July 24, 2014
Wit, wisdom, pseudonietzscheanistic aphorisms, and bad jokes.
* You say that Muslims are the greatest killers? Hardly. Not this past century. Get into a Tardis, and shut down the following.... Auschwitz, Dachau, Birkinau, Majdanek, Treblinka, the GULag, the Laogai, the killing fields of Cambodia, the execution squads of Cuba, Tito's socialist thugs, Milosevic's nationalist socialists, Kermit Gosnell, Planned Parenthood, those in charge of China's one-child policy, Leopold II's Congo, .... in other words, the people responsible for 95%+ of the horrors of the last 100 years were Communists; the 5%, Christian. Muslims statistically are a blip on the screen. Keep things in perspective!
* It is better for a people to have bad self-rule than to be governed with no say.
* "Rino" is the n-word of GOP politics. The preferred term is "indispensable ally." Because they are.
* 'Insane leftists FTW'! This anti-Hobby Lobby protest sign takes the crazy cake [pics] (twitchy.com). These protestors are not idiots. They're smart enough to know exactly what they are saying. Thus they are fully morally culpable for the murderous consequences of what they do. It's like they're waving signs saying "More Jews to the chambers!" (Of course, the Gaza protestors are saying that directly anyway....)
* When I hear the word "pistol" I reach for my culture.
* It IS possible to live your life blissfully unaware of Sauron. But if you find the Ring in your pocketses, you don't get to stay for life at the Birthday Party. You have to do something.
* It sez here that "Walker Would Win Re-Election If Vote Held Now" (wpr.org) I'd like to know if he'd be elected President in 2016. Preferably through empirical observation.
* The availability of college to the general populace was the lion's share of America's victory in WW2. The GI Bill was the best thing since Emancipation.
* It sez here: "Lesbian couples more likely to divorce" (living.msn.com) This cannot be true. And yet it doesn't surprise me a bit.
* America.... from Shirley Temple to Honey Boo Boo. Sigh. What happened?
* Ben Carson? For President? That's like saying "Our team is now in the World Series, and we don't have a designated hitter. Let's put Fred in! He loves baseball and talks a good game!"
* Deo Vindice? God DID vindicate the slaves over their oppressors. Thanks to others who wore the uniform of the United States. The Confederacy didn't get half the crushing it deserved.
* It sez here that "Why UPS Trucks Don't Turn Left" (priceonomics.com) Imagine how much freer we would be, less burdened by debt, if the Congress had adopted this policy in 1972.....
* Fumi-e (en.wikipedia.org) An interesting old Japanese custom. But it can't happen here, can it?
Posted by (c)2014 Richard L. Kent, Esq. (MichiganSilverback at gmail dot com) at 8:01 AM