Forwarded to me via Email (Thank you, Peter G.):
Jeff Foxworthy is now picking on Michigan:
1. If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Michigan.
2. If you're proud that your region makes the national news 96 nights each year because Pellston is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Michigan .
3. If your local Dairy Queen is closed from November through April, you might live in Michigan.
4. If you instinctively walk like a penguin for five months out of the year, you might live in Michigan.
5. If someone in a store offers you assistance, and they don't work there, you might live in Michigan.
6. If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Michigan.
7. If you have worn shorts and a coat at the same time, you might live in Michigan.
8. If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Michigan.
9. If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Michigan .
You might also be from Michigan if....
10. "Vacation" means going up north on I-75.
11. You measure distance in hours.
12. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
13. You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
14. You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
15. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
16. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
17. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
18. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
19. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
20. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction.
21. You can identify a southern or eastern accent.
22. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to your blue spruce.
23. You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
24. Down South to you means Ohio .
25. A brat is something you eat.
26. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole barn.
27. You go out to a fish fry every Friday.
28. Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
29. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
30. You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
31. You drink pop and bake with soda.
32. Your doctor tells you to drink Vernors and you know it's not medicine.
33. You can actually drink Vernors without coughing.
34. You know what a Yooper is.
35. You think owning a Honda is Un-American.
36. You know that UP is a place, not a direction.
37. You know it's possible to live in a thumb.
38. You understand that when visiting Detroit , the best thing to wear is a Kevlar vest.
39. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Internet friends!
Not bad. But an incomplete list. I would add a few more.
40. If twelve judges in your county share the same five last names between them, you might live in Michigan.
41. If everyone you know thinks there is a trench at the southern border of your county, never to be crossed by white people headed south, you might live in Michigan.
42. If you can stand on the southern border of your county and can count four burned out buildings on the other side of the line, you might live in Michigan.
43. If, one year later, you stand on the same spot, and still count the same four burned out buildings (with a serious likelihood you may count a couple more), you might live in Michigan.
44. If you can visit your own childhood neighborhood and find that 80% of the houses are still occupied by the same people who occupied them when you were in elementary school 40 years earlier, you might live in Michigan.
45. If you can only visit your childhood city parks if you live in the same neighborhood you did as a child, since they're closed to you if you don't live there any more, (thus guaranteeing Those People South of Us are kept out), you might live in Michigan.
46. If you think, judging from the way your neighbors behave, that Thomas Paine said "Give me librium or give me meth!", you might live in Michigan.
47. If 80% of your childhood friends who graduated from college live in other states now and have never been back, you might live in Michigan.
48. If most factories you drive by have had empty parking lots for more than a decade, you might live in Michigan.
49. If racial hostility is the underlying theme of everyone's politeness to one another, you might live in Michigan.
50. If every year you think "things can't possibly get worse," and every year they do....
....you might still live in Michigan.
(This. place. breaks. my. heart.)